Do you spend your nights staring at the clock, desperately trying to fall asleep? Or do you fall asleep normally, but then wake in the middle of the night and find yourself unable to go back to sleep? Insomnia can feel like a completely debilitating affliction, and it’s a problem that many people suffer from in Lemont. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of natural, healthful ways to start getting the rest you need.
A diagnosis of insomnia is not determined by how many hours of sleep you get each night. Everyone requires different amounts of sleep, so the important thing is how rested and refreshed you feel when you wake up in the morning. If you are staying in bed for eight hours but feel drowsy or fatigued when you get up, you likely have insomnia and could benefit from powerful and effective natural remedies. Empower your health again by sleeping well naturally and have energetic, good days.
Insomnia is not one single sleep disorder, but a symptom that can be the result of any number of underlying problems. Accordingly, there are many simple, natural solutions that have helped many people in Lemont experience more restful sleep:
- Cut back on your consumption of alcohol and caffeine. Both of these substances can interfere with proper sleep patterns.
- Avoid eating large meals just before bed.
- Establish a bedtime routine that you follow every night. Your body will learn the routine and start getting primed for sleep as you get ready for bed.
- Dim the lights an hour before you go to bed. We are naturally inclined to start falling asleep when our environment gets dark.
- Make sure you get some exercise every day.
- If your sleeping environment is noisy, try a white noise generator to help you relax.
If your sleep troubles persist after following these recommendations, it is likely that your insomnia has some more serious source such as neurotransmitter, adrenal, histamine, hormone and/or thyroid imbalance. Anxiety, depression, stress, and chronic pain can also contribute to insomnia, but there are various powerful natural and herbal treatments to help restore your body to natural, deep sleep patterns. Advanced Alternative Medcare has comprehensive scientific testing to discover what issues are causing your sleep deprivation. The full body scan allows Dr. Van Lopik to develop a customized natural treatment protocol to aid you on your way to peaceful nights.
If you live in the Lemont area and are having trouble sleeping, empower your health by making an appointment with Advanced Alternative Medcare Dr. Van Lopik today. He will work with you to determine the root cause of your insomnia, and get you back on the path to restful sleep with rejuvenated energy and vitality.